Delayed Speech & Language Development
Children develop speech and language skills at different rates. They are able to do certain things at certain ages, known as developmental milestones.
If a child does not develop speech and language skills as per milestones then he/she should be evaluated by a speech-language pathologist or speech therapist.
Delay in speech & language development may be associated with problems such as –
- Poor motivation of speech
- Poor stimulation of speech
- Hearing Loss
- Mental Retardation
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Cerebral Palsy
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
- Down’s syndrome