Brainstem Evoked Response Audiometry(BERA) or Auditory Brainstem Response (ABR) is an objective electrophysiological and non-invasive method of hearing assessment. BERA / ABR evaluate both cochlea and brainstem auditory pathway integrity.
- Estimating hearing levels of difficult-to-test patients
- Evaluating patients with suspected Retrocochlear Pathology
- Diagnosis of Auditory Neuropathy Spectrum Disorder
- To Assess hearing in Congenital Malformations of Ear cases such as Microtia, Atresia, Stenosis of Ear Canal, Anotia, Ear Tags & Mondini deformity
- To assess Functional Hearing Loss
Types of BERA / ABR we use
- Threshold Estimation BERA / ABR – This helps in estimating hearing levels
- High Rate BERA / ABR – This helps in differentiating cochlear versus Retrocochlear involvement in hearing loss
- Bone Conduction BERA / ABR – This helps in estimating bone conduction hearing levels.