Determining Hearing Aids, Cochlear Implants and other Implantable hearing devices performance in sound field is called Aided Audiometry. This procedure assesses the softest sound a device wearer may hear for distinct frequency signals and provides information about auditory performance and amplification.
The speech banana is a region in audiogram where all the phonemes of the conversational speech fall. When aided thresholds are out of speech banana range, can severely affect speech understanding ability.
- Selection of Hearing Aid
- Monitoring of Hearing Aid Performance
- Monitoring of Cochlear Implants and other implantable devices performance
- Justification of need for programming or Re-programming
- Decision taking for Hearing Aid Change
- Determine need of Hearing Device Repair